A preliminary review of the abstracts received will determine which abstracts are accepted for poster presentation at the meeting.
Submissions were invited in the following categories:
- Audit & quality improvement (QI)
- Case Reports
- Original Research
Authors of the best posters will be awarded cash prizes.
NELA sponsored trainee poster prize
NELA will be sponsoring a Trainee poster prize at the WSM. This is for the best poster that uses your hospital’s NELA data to bring about an improvement in care.
The criteria for a successful poster will be judged on:
- Whether it demonstrates use of local NELA data
- Whether it uses established QI methodology
- Has multidisciplinary involvement (ideally)
- Whether it demonstrates an improvement in care, which could be improvements in process or outcome
- The extent to which public and patients are involved in design and delivery of improvements to care for their project
All accepted abstracts in the above categories will be published in Anaesthesia in the form of a fully referenceable online supplement (NB Editor-in-Chief reserves the right to refuse publication, e.g. where there are major concerns over ethics and/or content). For more information on submitting abstracts please refer to our abstract submission guidelines.
Assessors of submitted abstracts are blinded to the authors and required to highlight any competing interests during assessment. Association Board/Education Committee members and Faculty are excluded from assessing/judging any abstracts, and from chairing/judging sessions that include any abstracts, of which they are a co-author.
Once you have logged in, click on Abstract Submissions in the left hand menu and then click on the + New Submission button at the top right of the screen to start entering your abstract.
If you have any queries please contact the Secretariat by emailing email@example.com or phoning 0207 631 1650 (option 3).