Become a volunteer
Would you like to support the work of the Heritage Centre by volunteering?
We could not deliver many of our services without our volunteers, they are a key part of the team, and without them we would not be able to share the story and history of anaesthesia so widely.
There are a wide range of opportunities available for getting involved;
- Improving collections information within the collections management system (ADLIB)
- Historical research – you don’t always need to travel to London to do this, some can be carried out remotely.
- Answering enquiries from members and the public
- Providing tours and talks and hosting object handling sessions
- Oral histories – interviewing and editing interviews and transcripts
- Collections management tasks such as inventory listing, audits, object handling storage and packing, cataloguing and data cleaning in ADLIB.
- Co-curation of temporary and travelling exhibitions
- Attending conferences and events and supporting the heritage exhibition stands
Please read our Handbook for more information.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact us at [email protected]
You can follow us on Twitter or on Facebook