The SAFE Africa fundraising campaigning aims to:
- Raise £100,000 over two years
- Increase delivery of three day SAFE obstetrics and paediatrics training courses
- Sustainably improve anaesthesia education and care in Africa in the long-term
Since its launch the SAFE project has trained over 3,000 anaesthetic providers in 30 countries. Each of these practitioners will go on to treat around 1,500 patients a year.
With your support we can train even more practitioners and improve the safety of thousands of patients in Africa. Find our more about becoming a SAFE volunteer or how to get funding for a SAFE project.
Support SAFE Africa - ways to get involved
There are lots of ways you can support SAFE Africa.
- Make a one off donation online today Don't forget to make a Gift Aid declaration so we can claim 25% tax back on your donation.
- Make regular donations. Talk to your work about arranging for regular giving to SAFE Africa through your payroll. Or set up recurring payments.
- Retirement or legacy giving. If you are retired or nearing retirement contact us at email@example.com to find out how to give something back to your profession by donating to SAFE Africa.
- Fundraise. Download our fundraising pack and don't forget to tell us about your fundraising activities at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the hashtag #SAFEAfrica on social media.
"On my own visit to a SAFE course in Uganda only a few years back, I was shocked to see first-hand the reality of the challenging conditions that many of these dedicated practitioners work under. Support the SAFE Africa campaign today and together we can build capacity of local anaesthesia providers to improve the safety of thousands of patients in Africa." Paul Clyburn, Immediate Past President, Association of Anaesthetists