Applications for funding to deliver the SAFE course
All SAFE course proposals will be considered by the SAFE Steering Group. Please note this means SAFE course applications must be submitted to the Association prior to the grant application deadline.
Please ensure that you use this application form for all SAFE Project funding requests.
Applications must be submitted in the name of the course/faculty leader, and include the names of all faculty members to be involved in the course who need funding. All individuals included in the application should be integral to the proposed course and their involvement must be described.
Guidelines for applicants
- All applications must be received electronically by the Association prior to the deadline stated on the Association website
- Typing your name at the end of the application form is classified as a signature and is treated as legally binding; hard copies of application forms are not required
- Applications will not be considered retrospectively, please ensure you apply for funding before the start of your course
- All SAFE course applications must be considered by the SAFE Steering Committee or other senior member of the Association SAFE leadership team. SAFE course applications that have not been reviewed will not be considered.
- Those holding trainee appointments should have a consultant (or equivalent) as referee. It’s the responsibility of the applicant to organise this
- Applications from charitable organisations or NGOs must be submitted in the name of the organisation not the individual
- Evidence is required of other funding applied for and to be raised
- Applicants must ensure they have completed the form in full and attached all of the requested documentation outlined in the checklist noted on the final page of each application form
- Applicants who are successful are required to write a 500 word report including evaluation and feedback from participants in training
- UK faculty are expected to contribute to their own travel costs (50%), in line with the principles applied to IRC grants
- Charitable financial contributions to other charities or organisations are excluded from funding applications