Winter Scientific Meeting 2024
11-12 January 2024
We are excited to be returning to the QEII Centre, Westminster, London for our 2024 Winter Scientific Meeting (WSM). This will be a hybrid, with sessions live streamed online for those that are unable to attend in person. Don't miss out and book your study leave early.
A selection of clinical workshops will be held the afternoon before the conference on Wednesday 10 January. Only those that book to attend WSM 2024 can book to attend these workshops. Further information>
Reasons to attend
- New look WSM with innovative ways of learning focused on interactivity and active learning.
- Access first-class scientific content with two days of hot topics, live demonstrations and interactive debates.
- Exclusive third stream for delegates attending in-person.
- Poster competition, which for the first time, will take the form of e-posters, with an opportunity to present to colleagues at the venue.
- Join our live symposia and meet our exhibitors.
- Complimentary social event on Thursday evening for in-person delegates.
Keynote sessions at WSM 2024:
- Prof Philip Peng, University of Toronto, Canada
- Dr Fiona Kelly Consultant in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, Royal United Hospitals, Bath
- Dr Natalie Joseph-Williams, Senior lecturer in Improving Patient Care, Cardiff University School of Medicine & Associate Director, Health and Care Research Wales Evidence Centre
Plus, exciting and innovative sessions such as:
- Unrecognised oesphagael intubation - putting the PUMA gudielines into practice
- NAP7 cardiac focus
- Debate: Anaesthetic rooms - on the way out?
- Paediatrics - the critical ill child in A&E
- Management of complex cases - obstetrics
- Consent panel discuission
- Sedation - tips, tricks and new techniques
- Joint sessions with OAA, NACCS, NELA and SOBA.
View the full scientific programme and keynote speaker details.