Barema & Association Environment Award
Please note that this award is now closed and applications areundergoing a judging process
In 2014, the Association of Anaesthetists linked with Barema, the Association for Anaesthetic and Respiratory Device Suppliers to establish the award.
- The award is for the single best initiative or project related to anaesthesia, intensive care or pain management that has had and will continue to have a measurable beneficial effect on the environment
- The winner will receive a cash prize and a grant for further support and development of the project
- The winner will be invited to present their work at Annual Congress 2019
- Relevance: is what is proposed a distinctive contribution of the specialty to environmental sustainability in healthcare?
- Innovation: is what is proposed new or distinctive?
- Sustainability: can what is proposed be embedded in mainstream practice?
- Replicability: can what is proposed be delivered or adapted in other locations or settings?
- Scaleability: can what is proposed be delivered on a larger scale?
- Strategic priorities: does the proposal align with Association's strategic priorities?
Past recipients of the Barema & Association Environment Award
2018 Raising awareness of the benefits and reduced environmental impact of paediatric total intravenous anaesthesia - Drs Brooks and Dunn - Chelsea and Westminster Hospital (article can be found in Anaesthesia News February 2019, page 6)
Insensible (non-sensible) water loss - Drs Jeanes, Douglass, and Yentis - Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
RecoMed trial at Queen Victoria Hospital NHS