The Barema & Association of Anaesthetists Environment Award for Anaesthesia 2021
In 2014, the Association of Anaesthetists linked with Barema, the Association for Anaesthetic and Respiratory Device Suppliers to establish the Barema & Association of Anaesthetists Environment award. This award recognises excellence in sustainability within the specialty and industry partners to champion a greener anaesthesia agenda.
The Barema & Association of Anaesthetists environment award is an annual award for the single best initiative or project related to anaesthesia, intensive care or pain management that has had and will continue to have a measurable beneficial effect on the environment.
The winner will receive a cash prize and a grant for further support and development of the project and will be invited to present their work at Annual Congress 22-24 September 2021.
Applications and criteria 2021
Applicants must demonstrate how their activity, project, campaign or other work (including
original research), related to anaesthesia, intensive care or pain management, has had (and
will continue to have) a measurable beneficial effect on the environment. Applications should include details of educational activities that have been carried out as part of the project, and how other key stakeholders have or will be involved to gain optimum benefit from the initiative.
In assessing proposals, consideration will also be given to the following criteria (these are not weighted):
1. Relevance: is what is proposed a distinctive contribution of the specialty to environmental sustainability in healthcare?
2. Innovation: is what is proposed new or distinctive?
3. Sustainability: can what is proposed be embedded in mainstream practice?
4. Replicability: can what is proposed be delivered or adapted in other locations or settings?
5. Scaleability: can what is proposed be delivered on a larger scale?
6. Strategic priorities: does the proposal align with Association’s strategic priorities?
Deadline for applications is 23:59 on Wednesday 2 June 2021.