Award for Innovation in Anaesthesia, Critical Care and Pain 2020
Recognising the importance of innovation in healthcare for the benefit of patient safety, patient care and improvements in the hospital workplace.
For previous winners, the Award for Innovation has provided a springboard to enable the development and distribution of their innovation within the NHS and overseas.
- Entries are judged by a panel of experts in respective fields
- Applications can be submitted in the following categories: new equipment, IT innovations, new techniques or solutions for a problem, sustainable environmental impact and other novel innovations
- Top scoring entries will be shortlisted and invited to present their work at the Association’s Winter Scientific Meeting in London in January 2020, from which an overall winner will be decided.
The top three shortlisted innovations for the 2020 award are:
- Capture, extraction and purification of waste volatile anaesthetics produced by clinical anaesthesia, Dr Sebastian Brown (Sagetech)
- A novel low cost portable ventilator, Dr Alastair Darwood
- Portable Continuous Positive Airway Pressure Device for Low-resource Settings, Mr Robert Neighbour (Diamedica)
Eligibility criteria - Open to all anaesthetists, intensivists and pain specialists based in Great Britain and Ireland.
Frequency - x1
Funding partners - Association of Anaesthetists
Sponsored by - Fannin, Fisher & Paykel Healthcare and Intersurgical
Applications for the 2021 Innovation Award will open in early May 2020