Award for Innovation in Anaesthesia, Critical Care and Pain 2021
Recognising the importance of innovation in healthcare for the benefit of patient safety, patient care and improvements in the hospital workplace.
For previous winners, the Award for Innovation has provided a springboard to enable the development and distribution of their innovation within the NHS and overseas.
- Entries are judged by a panel of experts in respective fields
- Applications can be submitted in the following categories: new equipment, IT and digital innovations, new techniques or solutions for a problem, sustainable environmental impact and other novel innovations
- Top scoring entries will be shortlisted and invited to present their work
The Association invites applications for the 2021 prize for innovation in anaesthesia, critical care and pain. This prize is open to all anaesthetists, intensivists and pain specialists based in Great Britain and Ireland. The emphasis is on new ideas contributing to patient safety, high quality clinical care and improvements in the working environment.
Entries will be considered in 4 categories:
- New product
- IT and digital innovation
- New technique or solution of a problem
- Sustainable environmental impact.
Submit your application here.
The closing date for applications is 23:59 on Tuesday 29 September 2020.
Eligibility criteria - Open to all anaesthetists, intensivists and pain specialists based in Great Britain and Ireland.
Frequency - x1
Funding partners - Association of Anaesthetists
Sponsored by - Fannin, Fisher & Paykel Healthcare and Intersurgical
Deadline for applications for the 2021 Innovation Award is Tuesday 29 September 2020.
The winner of the 2020 award was Dr Sebastian Brown (Sagetech) with Capture, extraction and purification of waste volatile anaesthetics produced by clinical anaesthesia.