It is with regret we have had to postpone the following meeting, in light of the on going global COVID-19 situation. We will be in touch shortly with registered delegates and faculty on this meeting. We are reviewing the events calendar for suitability for pre-recording and delivery online. We will update the website with details as soon as we can.
About this Core Topics
Join us in Manchester on Friday 24 and Saturday 25 April 2020 for the latest updates in anaesthesia. It will be an interesting 2 days full of presentations from local and regional speakers who are experts in their field. The organiser Akbar Vohra has created a fantastic programme.Presentations include:
Day 1 - Friday 24 April 2020
- Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing (CPET) – do the numbers stack up now?
- Safe provision of anaesthesia in the MR scanner
- Regional analgesia and blocks for abdominal surgery – review of current evidence
- Thoracic epidurals – techniques and indications?
- Differentiating pathological and physiological changes in the heart
- Focused Assessment with Sonography for Trauma (FAST) scan. Is it useful for anaesthesia and critical care?
- Anaesthesia implications of common illnesses in children
- Analgesia for knee replacement
Day 2 - Saturday 25 April 2020
- Managing the high risk obstetric patient
- Securing the airway safely - an update
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) for cardiac arrest – is this the new way forward?
- Cardiac pacing devices – implications for the anaesthetist
- Surgical site infection: the key role of peri-operative management
- Optimising the management of diabetic patients in the perioperative period
- Investigating and managing preoperative anaemia
- Roadside to resus: acute management of traumatic brain injury
A link to the full programme can be found under Key Details just above the Book Now button. Do not miss out on this extraordinary opportunity to get CPD local to you!
This meeting is kindly sponsored by Pharmacosmos