Education event bursary scheme
Returning to work after a long period of illness can be daunting; not just mentally but also financially. To make life a bit easier for our members who are currently going through this challenge, we offer free, or reduced costs, for anaesthetists wanting to attend any of our events to maintain their CPD.
How to apply
If you're having difficulty with funding after prolonged sickness or disability, and have an interest in any of our anaesthesia educational conferences, seminars or meetings, please download our application form and send it to email@example.com
Terms & conditions
To be eligible for the bursary scheme all applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have to be, or have been, a member of the Association
- Have a full or provisional GMC/IMC registration
- Have insufficient income or no financial support from their employer or other funding to meet the costs of the event
- Are unable to undertake paid employment due to an illness or disability that is likely to resolve within the next year to a point whereby paid employment would become realistic
Please note, you can only apply for one bursary per year.
On application you will also be asked to:
- Disclose your current salary at the time of applying for the bursary
- Provide proof of absence from your employment
- Confirm your learning objectives
Bursaries are for the Association events only. They can cover either part or full cost of the event registration fee plus a capped amount for travel costs and subject to the length of travel needed.