WSM 2022 abstract submission
You are invited to submit an abstract for e-poster presentation at the WSM 2022. The deadline for submission is 23:59 on Wednesday 11 August 2021.
After the deadline, a preliminary review of the abstracts received will determine which ones are accepted for poster presentation at the meeting.
Submissions are invited in the following categories:
- Audit & quality improvement (QI)
- Case Reports
- Original Research
NELA sponsored trainee poster prize
NELA will be sponsoring a trainee poster prize at WSM 2022. This is for the best abstract and poster that uses your hospital’s NELA data to bring about an improvement in care. The deadline for submission is 23:59 on Wednesday 11 August 2021.
The criteria for a successful abstract and poster will be judged on:
- Whether it demonstrates use of local NELA data
- Whether it uses established QI methodology
- Has multidisciplinary involvement (ideally)
- Whether it demonstrates an improvement in care, which could be improvements in process or outcome
- The extent to which public and patients are involved in design and delivery of improvements to care for their project
All accepted abstracts in the above categories will be published in Anaesthesia in the form of a fully referenceable online supplement (NB Editor-in-Chief reserves the right to refuse publication, e.g. where there are major concerns over ethics and/or content).
For more information on submitting abstracts please refer to the abstract submission guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions.
Assessors of submitted abstracts are blinded to the authors and required to highlight any competing interests during assessment. Association Board/Education Committee members and Faculty are excluded from assessing/judging any abstracts, and from chairing/judging sessions that include any abstracts, of which they are a co-author.