Booking onto this Webinar Recording
Please ignore the date mentioned in the booking process, that is a notional date and the webinar can be watched on demand.
You can log in from the comfort of your own home, your office, or any where else that is convenient. All you need is a decent internet connection and a quiet room.
You will receive a link to the recording in an email which will be sent to you immediately you complete the booking process. Please check your junk mail if you do not see the email in your inbox.
Please ignore questions about access and dietary requirements during the booking process. Please ensure the email we have for you is correct, as this is where the link will be sent.
About this webinar
This is a webinar recording. Webinar was held Thursday 29 October 2020, 18:30-20:30.
Dr David Bogod recently laid down his Tuohy needle for the last time after nearly four decades of significant contributions to the art, education and science of anaesthesia. He is known by many as an outstanding obstetric anaesthetist, public speaker, teacher, medicolegal expert, ethical pundit, academic, editor-in-chief and elected representative of the specialty.
The Association of Anaesthetists and the Royal College of Anaesthetists have come together to create a webinar that celebrates David’s career and which includes educational talks from highly rated speakers on four key areas of David’s career interests: medicolegal litigation, consent to anaesthesia, the role of the patient voice, and how media impacts on medicine.
The evening will start with short talks on David’s work with the OAA, RCoA, Association and the journal Anaesthesia, and will then focus on the keynote talks from Shaun Lintern, Bertie Leigh, Kate McCombe and Susanna Stanford.
Prof William Harrop-Griffiths, Vice President, RCoA, and Dr Mike Nathanson, President, Association of Anaesthetists• David Bogod and the Association
- Dr Mike Nathanson, President, Association of Anaesthetists • David Bogod and the journal Anaesthesia
- Prof Andrew Klein, Editor in Chief, Anaesthesia• David Bogod and the OAA
- Dr Chris Elton, President, OAA• David Bogod and the RCoA
- Prof Ravi Mahajan, President, RCoA• Consent and anaesthesia
- Dr Kate McCombe, Consultant Anaesthetist, Mediclinic City Hospital, Dubai Healthcare City, UAE and Associate Professor, Mohammed Bin Rashid University, Dubai, UAE• Medicolegal litigation: a force for good or evil?
- Mr Bertie Leigh, Consultant, Hempsons Lawyers, London• What do patients want from doctors?
- Ms Susanna Stanford, OAA Lay Representative and Patient Advocate• Medicine and the media
- Mr Shaun Lintern, Health Correspondent, The Independent• In his own words
- Dr David Bogod, Recent Retiree