What is Core Topics?
The Association is the UK’s leading provider of postgraduate education for all pathways into Anaesthesia.
Keep up to date with essential topics in anaesthesia and gain important CPD by attending out Core Topics meetings. Central to the Association's educational programme, these are one day meetings held at different locations are the UK and Ireland. Discover what's new, share ideas and network with with peers in these interactive sessions.
About this Core Topics
Join us in Newcastle on Friday 17 November 2023 for the latest updates in anaesthesia. It will be an interesting day full of presentations from local and regional speakers who are experts in their field. The organisers are Drs Sarah Gibb and Paula Morris.
Aimed at anaesthetists local to the region. Consultant anaesthetists, trainee anaesthetists (ST3+), SAS anaesthetists.
Sponsors and exhibitors
Programme topics and speakersGreat North Run: Providing medical support to a mass event & team working
- Dr Gary Lear, SunderlandPatient safety – Human factors and obstetric anaesthesia
- Dr Suzanna Stanford, NorthumberlandPre operative assessment – Waiting well
- Dr James Prentis, NewcastleSetting up a day case surgical service -
Dr Henrietta Dawson, NewcastleCardiology for the anaesthetist -
Dr Nick Jenkins, PortsmouthPOPS light Perioperative care of the elderly
- Dr Laura McGarrity, Troon PICU GNCG -
stabilisation of the critically unwell child in a DGH
Sustainability: Health and the oceans
- Dr Richard Hixson, Durham Do not miss out on this opportunity to get CPD local to you!