Focused Transthoracic Echocardiography (fTOE)
In collaboration between the Association and the Intensive Care Society we have developed a Focused transoesophageal echo (fTOE) accreditation for both ICU and anaesthesia. fTOE is valuable when unexplained life-threatening circulatory instability persists despite corrective therapy, and whenever a focused ultrasound scan (FUSIC) is unable or unlikely to answer the clinical question. You can improve your ability to perform focused transoesophageal echo by completing the fTOE accreditation.
- Registration via the Intensive Care Society's website
- Finding a supervisor to oversee the accreditation
- Completion of the e-learning modules on the Society's Learning platform
- Completion of a face-to-face course (optional)
- Supervised and unsupervised practice, documented in a logbook
- Assessed by a supervisor to have the necessary competencies for fTOE
- Final practical assessment booked via the Association.
All clinicians are able to register for the fTOE accreditation. Intensive Care Society and Association of Anaesthetists members will receive discounted rates on both the accreditation and practical assessment. For questions about the course or receiving discounted rates as an Association member, please email firstname.lastname@example.org