About this Online Core TopicsThis 2 day Online Core Topics programme was designed by Manchester doctors with presentations by faculty local to the area, however it is open to anyone who would like to attend.
Professor Akbar Vohra and Dr Seema Agarwal, Manchester Royal Infirmary, have put together an informative programme with local faculty who are experts in their field. This half-day online Core Topics will be recorded for registered delegates to watch back on and each day is worth 4 CPD points! Register now for one or both days of this event.
Day 1 - Thursday 22 April 2021
• Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing (CPET) – Do the numbers stack up now?
Dr Mike Parker, Manchester
• Differentiating pathological and physiological changes in the heart
Dr Rob Cooper, Liverpool
• Investigating and managing preoperative anaemia
Dr Seema Agarwal, Manchester
• Regional analgesia and blocks for abdominal surgery – review of current evidence
Dr Jasbir Chhabra, Preston
• Analgesia for knee replacement
Dr John John, Oswestry
• The role USS in trauma
Dr Ian Tyrell-Marsh, Manchester
• The complex Caesarean Section
Dr Dan Mallaber, Manchester
• Anaesthesia implications of common illnesses in children
Dr Moataz Abdulrahmen, Manchester
Day 2 - Friday 23 April 2021
• Safe provision of anaesthesia in the MR scanner
Dr Sally Wilson, London
• Securing the airway safely - an update
Prof Ellen O’Sullivan
• Thoracic epidurals - still worth it?
Dr Oliver Pratt, Salford
• Cardiac pacing devices – implications for the anaesthetist
Dr Darshan Pathak, Manchester
• Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) for refractory cardiac arrest - is this the new way forward?
Dr Alan Ashworth, Manchester
• The Centre for Perioperative Care (CPOC) guideline for perioperative care for people with diabetes mellitus undergoing elective and emergency surgery
Dr Nicholas Levy, Bury St Edmunds
• Roadside to Resus: acute management of traumatic brain injury
Dr Oliver Harrison, Salford
• The use of simulation to aid decision making
Dr Kirsty McLennan, Manchester
Joining the Online Core Topics
You can log in from the comfort of your own home, your office, or any where else that is convenient. All you need is a decent internet connection and a quiet room. We encourage all delegates to attend online seminars live to ensure you get the most out of the learning experience and interaction with the speakers.Please ignore questions about access and dietary requirements during the booking process. Further details will be sent automatically via email.