About this online seminar
Welcome to the first online seminar on hip fracture care. This programme is built around the much-awaited updated Hip Fracture Guidelines and is directed at all who care for hip fracture patients. It will include the latest guidance on the perioperative care of the patients, including advice on anti-coagulants and a useful laminate that each department can use to try to standardise care. It is a very busy programme, but the faculty felt that we could not leave anything out.
We would like all delegates to contribute to this meeting, so upon registering, we will ask if you could send in your best tip for managing hip fracture patients. These will then be collated by Prof Griffiths and be presented during the seminar.
Free paper session
We are also inviting some free papers for the meeting; we know that many of you are working hard to improve your service and we would like to give your trainees the opportunity to showcase their work. The winning poster will be asked to do a 5-minute verbal presentation at the end of the meeting. The posters will all be displayed on the NHS Networks Hip Fracture Perioperative Site.
The deadline for submissions is 12:00 noon Thursday 27 August 2020, please send yours in to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here
for abstract requirements.
ProgrammeOrganiser and chair
: Prof Richard Griffiths, Peterborough
• The 2020 Assocaition of Anaesthetists hip fracture guidelines -
Dr Stuart White, Brighton
• Controversies in surgery for hip fracture? Hemis v THR, cement v no cement?
- Mr Martyn Parker, Peterborough• Dangerous delays: DOACs and hip fracture care
- Dr Amy Mayor, Huddersfield• Anaemia and blood transfusion in hip fracture - summary of the 2020 guidance (pre-recorded)
- Dr Nicholas Freeman, Leeds• Orthogeriatric care
- Dr Helen Wilson, Guildford• Your best tips for managing hip fracture patients
- Prof Richard Griffiths, Peterborough• Standardised Hip Anaesthesia Routine Protocol (SHARP) - from Wales to the World (pre-recorded)
- Dr Dom Hurford, Llantrisant• How can an anaesthetist trauma service be redesigned?
- Dr Subash Sivasubramaniam, Birmingham• Recent important additions to the literature
- Dr Iain Moppett, Nottingham• Training in hip fracture anaesthesia
- Dr Cliff Shelton, Manchester • Free paper session
- Chaired by Prof Richard Griffiths, Peterborough
Joining the online seminar
You can log in from the comfort of your own home, your office, or any where else that is convenient. All you need is a decent internet connection and a quiet room. We encourage all delegates to attend online seminars live to ensure you get the most out of the learning experience and interaction with the speakers.
Please ignore questions about access and dietary requirements during the booking process. Further details will be sent automatically via email. We will also be sending a link to a Moodle page with further resources for the seminar. Please ensure the email we have for you is correct, and remember to check for updates in that email account in the week prior to the online seminar.