Important information about the venue
Unfortunately, due to significant water damage from a flood, 21 Portland Place will remain closed while repairs are undertaken. Seminars are being relocated to venues in Central London.
Delegates will be informed of the venue change as soon as this is confirmed.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This seminar is fully booked. Please click here to be added to the waiting list.
About this seminar
A seminar for non paediatric anaesthetists anaesthetising children in district general hospitals. Aimed at trainees, SAS doctors and consultants.
• Mandatory training:
• Which level of safeguarding children mandatory training is essential for you?
• What’s new in paediatric resuscitation?
• Uncooperative children and anxious parents – all in a day's work
• Peri-operative intravenous fluids in children: an update
• Managing your risk – anaesthetising a high risk child for minor surgery?
• TIVA in children: getting started
• Current concepts in assessment of pain and postoperative analgesia
• What’s new in the management of tonsillectomy patients? Is it safe with or without ETT ? OSA assessment in children
1. To understand the role of anaesthetist in safeguarding children in the operating theatre
2. Updates in paediatric resuscitation
3. A practical approach to manage anxious child and parents
4. To find out current concepts in analgesia, fluid therapy for children
5. To understand the principles of rapid, safe transfer of sick child