Annual Congress 2022
14-16 September, ICC Belfast
Celebrate 90 years of the Association
This is our first fully physical Annual Congress for over 2 years. Join us in Belfast to celebrate 90 years of the Association. Get the latest updates on anaesthesia and peri-operative medicine at Annual Congress 2022 which will take place on 14-16 September 2022 at the ICC, Belfast.
Reasons to attend
- New look Annual Congress with new innovative ways to gain your CPD - with up to 15 CPD points.
- An enhanced focus on interactivity and active learning - prominent keynotes, TED style talks, Q&As, debates and live on stage demo and simulation sessions
- Access first-class scientific content, covering clinical and non clinical subjects
- Catch up on the latest development in anaesthesia, while earning valuable CPD
- Join our live symposia and meet our exhibitors
- Special Association member rates apply
- The magic of the NHS - Mr Michael Rosen, Writer and performance poet for children and adults (Michael Rosen spent 6 weeks in ICU at the start of the first wave of the pandemic. He will talk about his experience of the NHS, what he remembers from his time on ICU and how this has changed him.)
- Can we ever reduce the NHS waiting list for surgery? - Ms Deborah Eastwood, Vice President, British Orthopaedic Association
- Infection to inflammation - why the immune system is so important and what goes wrong, including COVID-19 - Prof Luke O'Neill, Prof of Immunology, Trinity College, Dublin
- Team work and creating a high performance environment - Dr Noelle Healy, Final year trainee and simulation fellow, College of Anaesthesiolgy in Ireland
- The assistant surgeon. A Titanic story - Dr John Martin, Retired Consultant, Accident and Emergency Dept, Belfast (Great uncle was Dr Simpson, Assistant Surgeon on the RMS Titanic)