WSM 2021 abstract submission
Abstract submission for WSM 2021 has now closed. All submitters have been informed of the outcome of their submission.
List of accepted WSM 2021 abstracts
All accepted abstract submitters have been invited to provide an e-poster for display during the conference. Shortlisted abstract submitters will be invited to present their e-poster orally before the conference.
Submissions were invited in the following categories:
- Audit & quality improvement (QI)
- Case Reports
- Original Research
NELA sponsored trainee poster prize
NELA will be sponsoring a trainee poster prize at WSM 2021. This is for the best abstract and poster that uses your hospital’s NELA data to bring about an improvement in care.
The criteria for a successful abstract and poster will be judged on:
- Whether it demonstrates use of local NELA data
- Whether it uses established QI methodology
- Has multidisciplinary involvement (ideally)
- Whether it demonstrates an improvement in care, which could be improvements in process or outcome
- The extent to which public and patients are involved in design and delivery of improvements to care for their project
All accepted abstracts in the above categories will be published in Anaesthesia in the form of a fully referenceable online supplement (NB Editor-in-Chief reserves the right to refuse publication, e.g. where there are major concerns over ethics and/or content).
For more information on submitting abstracts please refer to the abstract submission guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions.
Assessors of submitted abstracts are blinded to the authors and required to highlight any competing interests during assessment. Association Board/Education Committee members and Faculty are excluded from assessing/judging any abstracts, and from chairing/judging sessions that include any abstracts, of which they are a co-author.