*Update - ticket sales have closed, if you wish to attend, please email [email protected]*
What is Core Topics?
The Association is the UK’s leading provider of postgraduate education for all pathways into Anaesthesia.
Keep up to date with essential topics in anaesthesia and gain important CPD by attending out Core Topics meetings. Central to the Association's educational programme, these are one day meetings held at different locations are the UK and Ireland. Discover what's new, share ideas and network with with peers in these interactive sessions.
About this Core Topics
Join us in Winchester on Friday 20 October 2023 for the latest updates in anaesthesia. It will be an interesting day full of presentations from local and regional speakers who are experts in their field. The organisers Paul Diprose and Jenny McLachlan are creating a fantastic programme which will be displayed in due course.
Aimed at anaesthetists local to the region. Consultant anaesthetists, trainee anaesthetists (ST3+), SAS anaesthetists.
Sponsors and exhibitors
Programme topics and speakersPresentations are:
- Assessment and management of the critically unwell obstetric patient - Dr Kate Donovan, Southampton
- Immediate management of perioperative arrhythmias - Dr Rob Bowers, Consultant Cardiologist, Basingstoke
- Cardiothoracic radiology for anaesthetists - Dr Charles Peebles, Consultant Radiologist, Southampton
- Challenging the pathway for high-rish surgical patients: A farewell to old friends - Professor David Walker, University College London
- Processed EEG and the ageing brain - Dr Mark Barley, Nottingham
- Improving outcomes for the elderly surgical patient - Dr Edward Hewertson, Consultant Physician in Medicine for Older People, Southampton
- Recent papers of interests for anaesthetists - Dr Mark Edwards, Southampton
- Informed consent:lessons from military and history - Surgeon Captain Richard Heames, RN
A link to the full programme is now available.
Do not miss out on this extraordinary opportunity to get CPD local to you!