About this online seminar
This online seminar is for non paediatric anaesthetists anaesthetising children in district general hospitals. Aimed at trainees, SAS doctors and Consultants.Learning objectives:
To understand the role of the anaesthetist in safeguarding children in the
Updates in paediatric resuscitation
A practical approach to manage anxious child and parents
To find out current concepts in analgesia, fluid therapy for children
To understand the basic principles and practice of total intravenous
What you can expect when attending an online seminar:
• Great online education with experts in their field
• Delegate numbers restricted to maximise discussion
• Interactive features to add to your learning experience
• Receive the seminar recording to watch back and reflect on
• Gain 3 CPD points by attending an online seminar
Login will be available from 12:45, but the broadcast will not start until 13:00.
The organiser, Dr Smita Oswal, Bradford Royal Infirmary, has put together a fantastic programme.
• Mandatory training:
- Which level of safeguarding children mandatory training is essential for you?
- What's new in paediatric resuscitation?
Dr Remy Toko, Hull
• Challenges at induction
Dr Mark Wigginton, Leeds Children's Hospital, Leeds
• Latest fasting guidelines and perioperative fluid management in children
Dr Elena Fernandez, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London
• Managing your risk - anaesthetising a high-risk child for minor surgery
Dr Ed Rothera, Leeds Children's Hospital, Leeds
• Current concepts in assessments of pain and postoperative analgesia
Dr Gillian Davies, Leeds Children's Hospital, Leeds
• TIVA in children: Getting started
Dr Peter Brooks, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London
Joining the online seminar
You can log in from the comfort of your own home, your office, or any where else that is convenient. All you need is a decent internet connection and a quiet room. We encourage all delegates to attend online seminars live to ensure you get the most out of the learning experience and interaction with the speakers.
Please ignore questions about access and dietary requirements during the booking process. Further details will be sent automatically via email. Please ensure the email we have for you is correct, and remember to check for updates in that email account in the week prior to the online seminar.