About this seminar
This evening seminar will cover five of the core clinical emergencies practising anaesthetists are expected to deal with in a timely, competent and safe fashion, yet rarely encounter during their working life. This seminar addresses many of the emergencies the on-call consultant in any district general hospital may face including paediatrics, obstetrics and airway.
All speakers are clinicians with clinical experience of dealing with these rare emergencies, and talks will include knowledge of current practice and possible future developments. Delegates will leave with access to guideline updates, research developments and best practice.
- Knowledge of current best practice in dealing with core clinical emergencies in anaesthesia
- Knowledge of national guidance on managing clinical emergencies (where available)
- Ability to think about systems as well as individuals in safety and emergency management
Organisers: Dr Nicholas Levy and Dr Jane Sturgess, Bury St. Edmunds
Anaphylaxis Dr Louise Savic, Leeds
Malignant Hyperpyrexia Dr Pawan Gupta, Leeds
Human factors in dealing with emergencies Dr Jeremy Mauger, East of England Air Ambulance
Paediatric Emergencies Dr Louise Oduro-Dominah, Cambridge
Obstetric Emergencies Dr Aditi Modi, Suffolk
We have moved some of our seminars online, bringing you the same high-quality anaesthesia education that you're used to, but in a digital and interactive bite-size format.
What you can expect when attending an online seminar:
• Great online education with experts in their field
• Delegate numbers restricted to maximise discussion
• Interactive features to add to your learning experience
• Receive the seminar recording to watch back and reflect on
• Gain 3 CPD points by attending an online seminar
Login will be available from 18:15, but the broadcast will not start until 18:30.
Joining the online seminar
You can log in from the comfort of your own home, your office, or any where else that is convenient. All you need is a decent internet connection and a quiet room. We encourage all delegates to attend online seminars live to ensure you get the most out of the learning experience and interaction with the speakers. Please ignore questions about access and dietary requirements during the booking process. Further details will be sent automatically via email.
We will also be sending a link to a Moodle page with further resources for the seminar. Please ensure the email we have for you is correct, and remember to check for updates in that email account in the week prior to the online seminar.